Monday, December 18, 2017

A Time of Transition

The last three months have gone by in a whirlwind. Smidget is three months old and last Friday I put in my two weeks notice at my job. Now that the decision has finally been made, I'm anxious to make the transition. It'll be a weird one - I've been working full or part time outside the home since I was 18.  I have four more days to work this year and then I get to be a full time mom. I'll be looking into some part time work from home opportunities and working to adjust our life to a reduced income.

Its really odd that this all comes at a time when I'm already thinking about goals for the upcoming year. 2018 will be a brand new start for us in so many ways. Its time to finish up a few old projects and get them out of the way for new and exciting things.

So far on 100 days of Stitching, I've managed to get a little cross stitch in on 6 out of 9 days for a whopping total of 694 stitches. A lot of these were back stitches which go much faster that regular, but I'm still pleased. I've only every counted stitches before in a round-up general sense but I like doing it as it gives me a small sense of accomplishment every day. I'm using one of my cross stitch groups advent calendars as inspiration. Each day they post a new small goal for stitching.


There's also a quilt that I finished several months ago but never got around to showing off. I plan to gift this to someone at church who has her first granddaughter so it was now or never.


I hope to have all the water bottle carriers finished by the end of the year and sent out to the necessary people and then I have a few project bags I want to start and finish, as well as a lot of arrow head covers for some friends. With the Smidget currently napping, I'm going to go spend a little time in my sewing room. Best wishes for Christmas and the New Year!

8 comments:

  1. Yey! :) Just think of all the trouble we could get into. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Make the most of nap time! I love the idea of finishing off the old to make way for the new. Hope you all have a very merry Christmas and good luck with all your new plans!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just a blog follower, don't even know you. But I can't tell you how happy it makes me that you have decided to be a stay-at-home mom (which IS work, by the way). You will love it. I did it; thirty-plus years ago. I wish my daughter could stay home too; she misses out on so much; she and her hubby work, and I take care of the babies so they don't have to forfeit one of their incomes to daycare. I am blessed to have these grandbabies and will care for them as long as I am physically able.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on becoming a stay at home Mom Kaelyn I sure wish I could have. Your dragon looks great.

    Merry Christmas,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy for your new adventure at being a stay at home mom. When Baby naps, you nap if you need to. Love the idea of making the dresden plates B&W with colors for the background. Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year and best wishes for a fantastic 2018! I will tell you being a stay at home mom is both harder and easier than my old desk job. I worked since I was 18 too... big adjustment. But the rewards are immense and you get used to a reduced income. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. very beautiful and so lovely work :) i like your good idea ,Thanks for the inspiration!

    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete