Saturday, December 9, 2017

100 Days of Stitching

It took me three days to find the twenty minutes that I needed to finish this afghan, but finish it I did and here is the final photo. You might be asking, how is this photo any different from the previous one I shared? The answer is that this one was taken two weeks later and has two more rounds on the border. Oh, and I think I vacuumed the living room floor before I took this picture. Realistically, I would have liked a few more rounds on the border but this project has been dragging on for 14 months and I was just ready to have it done. If I really want to, I can add more rounds in the future. Say, if I get bored or run out of other projects or something (ha ha ha.)


Since I've finished this, I've also churned out a Christmas present for my favorite cousin, a navy blue hat and scarf (which I sadly forgot to take pictures of before gifting), and worked on my JAYGo motif blanket.


Its the end of the year, which brings up ideas and plans and goals for the coming year. I've given some thought to how I would like the New Year to go. I usually get super organized, make some sort of lofty crafty goals and lists, and forget all about them a month or two into them. I've managed to break the BUY ALL THE THINGS for cross stitch habit thanks to Stitch from Stash 2017. I haven't purchased anything cross stitch related since June. I happily managed to skate past the amazing Black Friday sales on yarn and fabric without purchasing a single item. I have enough craft supplies to last me years and I'd like use up a lot of my stash and finish a few projects before I go pick up more dust-collecting supplies.

What is really interesting me right now is 100daysofHAED, which was spawned on Facebook after a poll in a cross stitch group showed that the thing that most people wished they had was more time to craft. The challenge is to stitch on your projects every day for 100 days, no matter how much or how little you manage to do. I'm thinking about pulling out some of my old projects and seeing if I can get one done in 100 days of stitching just a little bit every day. Although they aren't HAED, I would love to see them done. These are three of my oldest projects.




If I start tomorrow, then 100 days will finish on March 20, about the time that Smidget is six months old.


What are your plans for New Year's Crafting?


5 comments:

  1. I'm always amazed at how much cross stitching you can accomplish. It's so beautiful, Your blanket is lovely. I like the diagonal variegated colors. So pretty. You little Smidget is awfully cute, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! That look. :) Man...I haven't even thought about crafting plans, so odd for me. I haven't done much crafting these past few months and am definitely missing it. I wonder what sort of crafty trouble I could conjure up... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Smidget is so cute! I am just starting to think about 2018 pls s but I'm trying not to make too many as I always change my mind. Your WIPs are beautiful and it would feel good to have one finished I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your little guy is adorable Kaelyn. Congrats on the blanket finish. I love the yarn colors.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete

  5. You made great progress.This is really pretty and good idea on site !

    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete