Sunday, November 20, 2016

Slow Sunday Stitching

This weekend I've been working slowly on my Teresa Wentzler piece, The Castle. Patience is certainly a virtue with TW's, given all the quarter stitches and blended threads. I think this pattern has more blended colors than unblended.

I was able to finish off the wing on the right and fill in a lot of the backstitching on the castle.  The castle part is almost complete, so I will likely focus on that next.


I have since packed away all my crafty projects until Black Friday. I am planning on hosting Thanksgiving this year and life has conspired to keep me from preparing prior to now. However, starting on Black Friday, I will have six days off of work to spend however I desire. This includes nascent plans for a Doctor Who marathon day and sleepover with my favorite niece.

Linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching @Kathy's Quilts

5 comments:

  1. Wow this is going to be stunning when complete, your stitching is beautiful. Enjoy your time off and have a great Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful progress Kaelyn. Such a beautiful design.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such great project and you have already stitched a lot on it. But you are right, such TW projects need a lot of patience.
    Have a real vacation week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful stitching. I stitched a TW castle many years ago and still remember all those blended threads! They're worth it though.
    Hope you enjoy your time off, sounds wonderful, and have a Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete