Thursday, October 27, 2016

Some New Recipes

Over the last couple of weeks I've been cooking at home once in a while but its been a lot of new recipes. I'm looking for things that let us use ingredients we typically have on hand, that are easy, and are quick.



Here are a few we've tried that came out pretty well.


I left out the dill and red pepper, and made it on the stovetop instead of the Crockpot. I used flatbread that we had on hand instead of tortilla boats. Mine didn't turn out as pretty as Betty's, but we both liked them. I think this would go in the Great Way to Use Up Leftover Chicken category.

Caprese Chicken by Delish.com

The only change I made to this recipe was to replace the fresh basil with basil pesto and I put it on the chicken under the cheese. This was a total win. 

Slow Cooker Taco Pasta by Betty Crocker

This one I made as directed in the Crock Pot, but realistically, you could do this one on the stovetop. I used regular diced tomatoes instead of Mexican tomatoes and left out the cilantro (cause ew.) We weren't sure about this one but it was good enough to eat and the leftovers tasted better for lunch the next day.

Are you sensing a slow cooker theme? One of the things I want to do is come up with some recipes that I can drop in the Crockpot after church on Sundays and not have to worry about cooking dinner that night.


This one was a hit with both my favorite cousin and my favorite niece - or at least, they didn't complain about it. I needed something gluten free for the older one last time the two of them spent the night. I paired it with some roasted potatoes and grilled asparagus. The only change I made was to use sun-dried tomato pesto instead of actual sun-dried tomatoes. The meat was a little dry but there was plenty of drippings to drizzle on top which had a lot of flavor.

I do apologize for the lack of pictures. I find it very difficult to take good photos of food and it didn't feel right to pirate the photos from the sources.

So if you are looking for something new to try, give one of these a shot! I'd love to hear how well they were liked or even how much you hated the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment