Tuesday, September 3, 2019

One Ring

It's not officially fall but the weather turned the last week of August. We've had much cooler weather and even a couple of days of rain. I'm grateful that we're in Michigan, because at least we don't need to worry about getting hit with a category five hurricane this week. My Facebook feed is flooded back to school photos, so you know summer is over for sure.

I took advantage of the drive out to the in-laws for a Labor Day BBQ to finish up a couple more hats. They're all different sizes because I was experimenting with adding and subtracting rows in order to get the required size and I think I've finally got it figured out. So far my group has made almost 40 of these hats! I'm going to wait until I have several more done and weave all the ends in at the same time, probably during a movie night.



My stitchy bug abandoned me recently and I couldn't resist a new start to bring it back online. Pattern and fabric were in stash, so I honestly already consider this a WIP. It's how I sleep at night. The pattern is Lord of the Rings Wreath by Mandarinks Design on Etsy, fabric is Picture this Plus in 18 count Mystic.


A word of caution about patterns from Mandarinks: they have the same symbols for half cross and full cross, but you get two patterns. One with just full cross and one with half cross and back stitching included.

Happy Stitching All!

No comments:

Post a Comment