Wednesday, June 21, 2017

A Couple WIPs and A New Start

I've been quiet but not idle. In the past couple of weeks I've finished a stack of linen garb in a frantic pre-Ragnarok rush (two shirts, two pairs of pants, three hoods, and one surcoat). We've sorted the camping equipment, packed up the truck and the trailer.

Once we finished the Ragnarok prep I turned my attention to cleaning up the house and a little bit of cross stitch. The cross stitch has made more progress than the house cleaning. I completed page 1 of The Princess and the Dragon by Charting Creations.



I worked a bit on Tiger Chilling Out by Dimensions and made it all the way to the bottom of the first page of the this project!


I even started my Ragnarok Consolation Project, and of course discovered that I somehow missed one of the colors that I need for the first page. I think I'll be able to salvage it from another project but I haven't checked yet. I'm stitching this on 28 count black lugana, making my super-bright LED magnifying lamp a necessity. I also have this pattern in paper format rather than PDF, making it a little bit more tedious to stitch - ninja stitches are definitely making themselves known.



I've got more cleaning tomorrow and a lot of laundry to do, but I hope to get back in my sewing room and maybe work on my quilts for a bit. I've got a few quilts that just need borders and if I get borders on them there will be three quilts that need to be quilted. Finally, weekend plans include some quality time with my niece. What are your plans for the weekend?

2 comments:

  1. Awesome progress Kaelyn. Sounds like your planning a fun trip.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great update! We have our annual Walking Day on Saturday and DS1 is competing in a swimming gala. A busy weekend ahead! Hope you have a good trip.

    ReplyDelete