Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Spring is Here

Spring has finally hit. I've already had to mow the lawn twice and the trees are starting to bud.

I'm so far refusing to mow the lawn behind the garage. I don't know if you can tell, but there are violets taking over back there and I think they're too pretty to mow down. I'm fairly certain that the previous owner kept a flower garden behind the garage.


I'm perfectly happy to let the violets grow wild. Honestly, I don't even mind the dandelions but those I will mow over without qualms.

The only crafty I've been able to get to this week has been on the basketweave scarf. I'm on the third skein, and I think I'll need six to make this a good sized scarf.



We now have an excellent example of what happens if you aren't careful to maintain consistent tension while crocheting.

The shawl is on hold until I have a chance to attempt to block it to fix the shape. Unfortunately, my weekends keep filling up quickly but I am optimistic that I will give it a go soon.

The event last Saturday went extremely well. It was hosted by House Valdyr and was our largest event yet, with more than fifty people in attendance. They ran five battles, we ate delicious pulled pork and salad, and generally had a good time. It was a little chilly for me and I'll admit I was tired by the end of the day. I'll post pictures as soon as I get them from our photographer.

1 comment:

  1. I do see the violets!! I wouldn't want to mow them down either :)

    ReplyDelete