Saturday, April 4, 2020

Day 12 - Coronatine

Well, we're trucking along and by trucking along I mean going nowhere at no speed at all. It's starting to affect the Smidget's mental health. Some days he wants to go outside and play all day and some days he's' in a weird funk and doesn't want to do anything so we watch Paw Patrol and How to Train Your Dragon all day.

I'm usually not one for a lot of food pics but since I've figured out how to make a decent Thai peanut sauce (extra peanut butter!) I've been eating a home-cooked version of Noodles and Company's Indonesian Peanut Saute on like a daily basis. Because it's tasty and I have everything on hand.


Also peanut butter might be addictive. Here's the Recipe: CopyCatPeanutSaute.
I made it exactly as directed and then fiddled with the ingredients and amounts until I found a version I liked. The first thing to go was cooking the chicken in a bunch of stuff. It's really not needed because you drown everything in the peanut sauce. Second, rice noodles instead of linguine. So I cook the chicken while the rice noodles are cooking, fry up the veggies and make the sauce and then combine it all and top with green onions. Last thing is to adjust the quantities for a single serving (I'm the only one in the house that appreciates a sinus-clearing spicy-sweet peanut sauce) and fiddle with ingredient amounts until it was the right level of spicy and peanutty. A jar of minced garlic and a tube of ginger paste from the produce section makes this recipe much faster.  Forget fresh squeezed lime and just roll with a bottle of lime juice. We're all about making things easy around here.

I tacked another row onto my Reflections afghan and started the blue squares for the next row. These are 4 inches across so three repeats should do it for the width and then a fourth repeat for the height. 28 blocks down, 164 to go.


My Coronatine project is about a third done, although I have not been working on it every day. Still, with Hurricane Gretchen threatening another five weeks of lockdown, I'm quite confident I'll be able to finish it before things open up again. 


Stay healthy, stay sane.


No comments:

Post a Comment