Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Day 7 - Coronatine

Day 7 was rough. It was cold outside, the Smidget and I both had headaches. We discovered PBSkids games online and spent a lot of time flying dinosaurs into storm clouds.

I'm really trying hard not to be harsh on myself as I have temporarily revoked all rules about limited screen time and healthy eating habits. Pop-tarts and cartoons, here we are to stay. I thank God daily for streaming video and Dora the Explorer. I can't really explain to a two year old why he can't go with me to the grocery store or play at the play-place. We're going to walks when we can but I'm unmotivated to spend 20 minutes bundling us up just for a walk around the block and we've had more cold days than warm ones.

I spent some time weaving in the end on one of my mandala blankets. I think we're at 33 rows out of about 50 and I don't think it's going to be as big as I'd hoped even though I'm using the recommended hook and yarn sizes. I may have to do some math to repeat a set of rows.  And while I was weaving in the ends, I misplaced the hook and haven't been able to recover it yet so I moved on.


To this motif blanket, which I added two rows to last night and started weaving in all the ends while watching NCIS LA.


I now have just about all the motifs that were completed added, so I'll start working on the next row of greens. These little guys are just 4 inches across. I think I calculated that I needed somewhere around 200 to make a full afghan.

Hoping for a better day today (Day 8), but we started the day by snarking at eachother so I guess we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment