Saturday, January 5, 2019

SmallPDF

Found the last two! Woodland Enchantress by Dimensions and Imagination Unleashed by Charting Creations



Alright well you may have noticed that my HAED and other full coverage BAPs aren't getting a lot of love. Most are at less than half a page completion. This is because I was running into a problem with the PDFs.

I use ezPDF on my tablet to search for and highlight the symbols I'm stitching. After I stitch it, I mark it off. On a page with 8,000 stitches, this results in quite a few highlights and I was discovering that about the time I got halfway through a page, the program would crash due to all the little individual bits of data that resulted from the hundreds of highlights. Often I would lose all my progress. It got to be very frustrating.

The solution has been discovered in making a working copy by using a program to extract just the page I'm working on and loading that single page to my tablet, and then flattening the highlights in ezPDF as I go. I combed through my Facebook Groups for the software that could extract pages from PDFs and found that someone recommended SmallPdf.com. I tested it out and it works beautifully. The best part is that its free if you use it through their website. If you want to install in on your computer they charge $6 a month subscription but for the rare occasions when I need it, I'll just use it on the website. I bring all this up because if you are currently stitching from PDFs and are running into the same problem, this may help.

I'm currently working on Small Cuppa and I have about a hundred more stitches to do on it before I complete my current stitching challenge (I joined a group that is spending 2019 reading the Harry Potter series and stitching as they go) and then I'll swap it out for Waiting by Tilton Crafts and see if my new system works as well as I suspect.


Happy Stitching all!

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful progress Kaelyn.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. A HP read-along and crafting sounds like a great way to spend the year. Hopefully the new sey up works for you. *crosses fingers*

    ReplyDelete