Thursday, July 4, 2013

Playing Catch-up, Project 144, and Get It Done

Happy Independence Day all!

I'm the lucky recipient of a four day weekend, for which I am very grateful. I have plans to work on Nana's Quilt this weekend but I find myself playing catch-up instead. Camping it seems, is a lot of work before, during, and after. There's unpacking, clean up, laundry, work, etc.

Here is the block waiting for me when I got home, from the monthly block swap. I love the colors!

June 2013 Block Swap
Instead of sewing today, I had to clean my sewing room, which was such a disaster from Pre-Rag work that it was hard to walk through the room. I'm not quite sure how I managed to use it for sewing before Rag. I also rearranged things a bit in an attempt to make better use of my table space.

Tomorrow, Project 144 will officially launch.


 I will be including my project in my Get It Done List. That makes it a two-fer!

Since I haven't been keeping up with Get It Done, I'm starting again this month. Here it is for July

Get It Done - July 2013

1. Quilt & bind Nana's Quilt
2. Complete Project 144 for July - Sew together the three shirts already cut out.
3.  Write pattern for Disappearing Cube Trick
4. Start paper-pieced stars quilt (two blocks)

I'm intentionally keeping my list short this month as I have many other non-sewy things I want to keep up with, like Camp Nanowrimo.


For Camp Nanowrimo, I decided to cut the word count in half to 25,000 words and spend some time editing and revising what I already have written. I've worked on it three out of four days so far.

Thanks for staying tuned, hope to get some sewy things done soon. Enjoy the holiday weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment