I haven't yet found a meal system that really works for us. Usually about lunchtime at work I start wondering what I'll be making for dinner, which results in a grocery store trip several times a week. I hate running errands every day after work, so today I sat down and spent some time (way too much time, really) trying to set up meals for a week.
That little menu and the coordinating shopping list took me an hour and a half.
Each day's recipes went into a page protector in a binder with a little tab that designates which day of the week I'll be cooking that particular meal.
Ideally, after using this system for a few weeks, I will have a binder full of meals and all I have to do every Sunday is change where the sticky tabs are and update my shopping list.
You'll notice that I didn't get Friday and Saturday in there, and that would be because sometimes we eat out on Friday and sometimes we get to Bible study on Wednesdays, which means Wednesday's meal would get shifted down the week a day or two. Also, Saturday's are always fluid, with Dagorhir practice and the occasional post-practice social event.
It hasn't been all work, I also found some time to work on a quilt, start a new cross stitch project, and continue stitching Innocence.
Kona Slate Rock is now about 1/3 quilted and still needs a better name.
Innocence gained a couple hundred stitches today.
That is approximately 300 stitches done in five shades of brown.
So that's it for now - I have a bunch of yard work to get done in the next week and I have a new plan for planting the strawberries. I want to make a strawberry tower and maybe something similar for herbs or tomatoes, so I've got to get Jack to pick up some PVC and drill holes in it for me. Something like this:
|Picture Credit: https://www.flickr.com/photos/emilysaurus/4516906751/|